This comprehensive YouTube tutorial was created by ExcellsFun and covers more than 12 hours of instruction on how to use Excel. It is entirely free to access and can be repeated as many times as you like. It is often heralded as one of the better free resources to gain a deeper understanding of Excel features and applications.
Created by: Michael Girvin
Produced in 2017
What you will learn
- Introduction to core Excel features and functions, including formatting cells, creating formulas, utilizing built-in calculating tools.
- Techniques for improving Excel efficiency.
- Cell metadata
- Conditional formatting
- Data Analysis
Overall Score : 98 / 100
Live Chat with CourseDuck's Co-Founder for Help
- Clear, patient explanation of all covered concepts. Absolutely no computer background is necessary to get through this series.
- Thorough walkthroughs make it easy for you to open your own spreadsheet and follow along.
- High, positive energy makes an otherwise dry topic compelling and interesting.
- This is more than just a handful of tips to help with Excel. It is a comprehensive tutorial in the features, functions and applications of the software.
- As with any YouTube tutorial series, there is no direct interaction with the instructor.
- 12 hours is a lot of time to spend going through Excel. Course can feel long.
- Despite the deep dive, lessons do not cover background knowledge necessary to fully utilize some of the explained features (e.g. Lessons on statistical tools do not fully teach how the statistics work).
- 4.9 Rating
- 15 Reviews
Mike Girvin is known online by the name ExcelIsFun. On on his Youtube channel he has an astonishing collection of over 2200 videos on Excel, organized in over 50 playlists. Mike has an almost encyclopedic understanding of Excel and is an extremely enthusiastic teacher, which you'll immediately notice in any of his videos. He has also published 2 books on Excel and several DVDs.
Students also recommend
Excel Basics (2017)
4.9 (15 Reviews)
- Provider: YouTube
- Time: 12h
Microsoft Excel - Online Tutorial for Beginners (2010)
0.0 (0 Reviews)
- Provider: Chandoo.org
- Time: 1h 30m
Excel: Advanced Formulas and Functions (2019)
0.0 (0 Reviews)
- Provider: Lynda
- Time: 4h 30m