This comprehensive YouTube tutorial was created by ExcellsFun and covers more than 12 hours of instruction on how to use Excel. It is entirely free to access and can be repeated as many times as you like. It is often heralded as one of the better free resources to gain a deeper understanding of Excel features and applications.
Created by: Michael Girvin
Produced in 2017
What you will learn
- Introduction to core Excel features and functions, including formatting cells, creating formulas, utilizing built-in calculating tools.
- Techniques for improving Excel efficiency.
- Cell metadata
- Conditional formatting
- Data Analysis
Course Depth & Coverage
Overall Score : 98 / 100
Live Chat with CourseDuck's Co-Founder for Help
Need help deciding on a excel course? Or looking for more detail on Michael Girvin's Excel Basics? Feel free to chat below.
Join CourseDuck's Online Learning Discord Community
1. Create Formulas to make business calculations2. Use Excel Functions like VLOOKUP & IF functions to make efficient business calculations3. Format & create page setup for effective reports and dashboards4. Understand and use Number Formatting in reports and calculations5. Use PivotTables to create reports and dashboards6. Use Sort, Filter and Flash Fill for data analysis tasks7. Use Power Query to import and clean data8. Use Power Pivot Relationships to make reports from multiple tables9. Create charts and visualizations for dashboards10. Complete comprehensive business tasks integrating multiple Excel featuresThis is a free Excel class taught by Mike Girvin, Microsoft Excel MVP and Highline College Professor. This class will teach you the efficient and effective methods of using Excel so you can became great at using Excel to accomplish all your tasks at work, at home, and so that you can get that job you want that requires Excel skills!!!
- Clear, patient explanation of all covered concepts. Absolutely no computer background is necessary to get through this series.
- Thorough walkthroughs make it easy for you to open your own spreadsheet and follow along.
- High, positive energy makes an otherwise dry topic compelling and interesting.
- This is more than just a handful of tips to help with Excel. It is a comprehensive tutorial in the features, functions and applications of the software.
- As with any YouTube tutorial series, there is no direct interaction with the instructor.
- 12 hours is a lot of time to spend going through Excel. Course can feel long.
- Despite the deep dive, lessons do not cover background knowledge necessary to fully utilize some of the explained features (e.g. Lessons on statistical tools do not fully teach how the statistics work).
- 4.9 Rating
- 15 Reviews
Mike Girvin is known online by the name ExcelIsFun. On on his Youtube channel he has an astonishing collection of over 2200 videos on Excel, organized in over 50 playlists. Mike has an almost encyclopedic understanding of Excel and is an extremely enthusiastic teacher, which you'll immediately notice in any of his videos. He has also published 2 books on Excel and several DVDs.
Students also recommend
Excel Basics (2017)
4.9 (15 Reviews)
- Provider: YouTube
- Time: 12h
Microsoft Excel - Online Tutorial for Beginners (2010)
0.0 (0 Reviews)
- Provider: Chandoo.org
- Time: 1h 30m
Excel: Advanced Formulas and Functions (2019)
0.0 (0 Reviews)
- Provider: Lynda
- Time: 4h 30m