From freeCodeCamp.org this YouTube tutorial introduces beginners to data science over the course of a video that lasts 1 hour and 40 minutes. It breaks the lesions into sections of statistics, data visualization and programming to arm students with the fundamental tools of data science.
Created by: Coding with Max
Produced in 2019
Course Depth & Coverage
Overall Score : 0 / 100
Live Chat with CourseDuck's Co-Founder for Help
Need help deciding on a data analysis course? Or looking for more detail on Coding with Max's Intro to Data Science - Crash Course for Beginners? Feel free to chat below
Join CourseDuck's Online Learning Discord Community
data analysis Awards Best Crash Course
In this course for beginners, you will learn about:1. Statistics: we talk about the types of data you'll encounter, types of averages, variance, standard deviation, correlation, and more.2. Data visualization: we talk about why we need to visualize our data, and the different ways of doing it (1 variable graphs, 2 variable graphs and 3 variable graphs.)3. Programming: we talk about why programming helps us with data science including the ease of automation and recommended Python libraries for you to get started with data science.
- Course scores an even distribution of the three sections. Students will not have a glaring weakness in the three pillars of data science after this course.
- The programming section offers something that is overlooked in most data science crash courses for beginners.
- Course takes a light approach to statistical nomenclature to help students focus on concepts over vocabulary.
- The lack of nomenclature can make it difficult for students to transition knowledge from this course to scholastic and professional applications.
- Course creator has not responded to a single question in over a year.
Max works as a Senior Data Scientist. Allow him to teach you all the knowledge he's been able to gather, to transform you into the ultimate data scientist.