Add the power of the industry standardnode-based compositing to your workflow with the free alternative to NUKE & AE
Created by: VFX 3D Pro
Produced in 2018
What you will learn
- Learn compositing using a free alternative (Natron) to the industry standard (Nuke)
- Be able to work with Nuke, using Natron knowledge, from day one even if you have never opened nuke before
Overall Score : 76 / 100
Natron is open source and Free, It has the same interface, same workflow, similar nodes and and functionality.
By learning Natron, you are also learning Nuke
You can apply in Nuke everything you've learned in Natron, from day one, even if you have never opened Nuke before. Natron is the Free Nuke alternative.
- You will make your first compositing in 10 minutes
- You will navigate easily the interface
- See the huge similarity with Nuke
You will learn:
- settings for a faster workflow
- Tracking and Screen or sign replacement
- Color correction using several nodes (Grade, ColorCorrect, HueCorrect, HSVTool)
- Rotoscoping to target an object and for example change it
- Use Rotopaint node to duplicate or make somebody disappear from your footage
- And of course green screen keying
- You will also add more free plugins to Natron
- and you will learn how to render
This is an opportunity to learn 2 compositing applications in one course, and add, using a free application, the power of node based compositing, the industry standard.Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to learn compositing, and use a free robust nodal compositing software, Natron, being the "free NUKE"
- After Effects users who always wanted to get the power of NUKE but found it not affordable
3D Artist specialised in 3D Environments & Visual Effects, I work in film environment so I'm into incorporating 3D element in live action and Compositing using Fusion, Nuke, Natron and Adobe After Effects.
3D software used: E-on Vue, World Machine, Terragen, ZBrush, Maya, 3ds Max, Houdini, Blender, Cinema4D, Nuke, Adobe Creative Cloud, Mari, Marvelous Designer, and More.