What you will learn
- Python Object Oriented Concepts
- Methods and Binding
- Instance, Class and Static Methods
- Property Decorators
- Single Inheritance
Overall Score : 100 / 100
MAIN COURSE TOPICS
- what are classes and instances
- class data and function attributes
- instance, class and static methods
- polymorphism and the role special functions play in this
- single inheritance
- the descriptor protocol and its relationship to properties and functions
- metaprogramming (including metaclasses)
Please note this is NOT a beginner level course. You must have a strong working knowledge of functional Python programming as well as some practical experience developing Python applications in order to fully benefit from this course.
- In-depth functional Python programming
- functions, closures, scopes, decorators (using and writing them)
- zip, sorted, any, all, and the itertools module in general
- sequences, iterables, iterators and generators (what they are and how to implement the corresponding protocols)
- generators, yield, and context managers
- mapping types, hashing and relation to object equality
- some prior knowledge of basic OOP concepts
- know how to work with Python virtual environments and pip install
- available Jupyter Notebook (freely available) to follow along with the course notebooks
- how to use git
- Experienced intermediate Python developers who want a more in-depth understanding of Python OOP
My name is Fred Baptiste.
Since 2011 I have been focused on Python almost exclusively, mainly in REST API development and data management and analysis using back-end databases such as SQL Server, Postgres and MongoDB.
I have spent a lot of time and effort learning and gaining an in-depth understanding of Python and writing idiomatic Python, and I'd like to share that with you.
I'm definitely a Python enthusiast for many reasons, and I'd like to share that passion with you too!
Students also recommend
4.7 (91 Reviews)
- Provider: Coursera
- Time: 25h
4.8 (28 Reviews)
- Provider: YouTube
- Time: 7h 52m
4.4 (18 Reviews)
- Provider: Google
- Time: 3h 35m