START HERE: Learn Apache Kafka 2.0 Ecosystem, Core Concepts, Real World Java Producers/Consumers & Big Data Architecture
Produced in 2022
What you will learn
- Understand Apache Kafka Ecosystem, Architecture, Core Concepts and Operations
- Master Concepts such as Topics, Partitions, Brokers, Producers, Consumers
- Start a personal Kafka development environment
- Learn major CLIs: kafka-topics, kafka-console-producer, kafka-console-consumer, kafka-consumer-groups, kafka-configs
- Create your Producers and Consumers in Java to interact with Kafka
- Program a Real World Twitter Producer & ElasticSearch Consumer
- Extended APIs Overview (Kafka Connect, Kafka Streams), Case Studies and Big Data Architecture
- Practice and Understand Log Compaction
Overall Score : 96 / 100
Live Chat with CourseDuck's Co-Founder for Help
Welcome to the Apache Kafka Series! Join a community of 20,000+ students learning Kafka.
Apache Kafka has become the leading distributed data streaming enterprise big data technology. Kafka is used in production by over 33% of the Fortune 500 companies such as Netflix, Airbnb, Uber, Walmart and LinkedIn.
To learn Kafka easily, step-by-step, you have come to the right place! No prior Kafka knowledge is required
If you look at the documentation, you can see that Apache Kafka is not easy to learn...
Thanks to my several years of experience in Kafka and Big Data, I wanted to make learning Kafka accessible to everyone.
We'll take a step-by-step approach to learn all the fundamentals of Apache Kafka.
At the end of this course, you'll be productive and you'll know the following:
- The Apache Kafka Ecosystem Architecture
- The Kafka Core Concepts: Topics, Partitions, Brokers, Replicas, Producers, Consumers, and more!
- Launch your own Kafka cluster in no time using native Kafka binaries Windows / MacOS X / Linux
- Learn and Practice using the Kafka Command Line Interface (CLI)
- Code Producer and Consumers using the Java API
- Real world project using Twitter as a source of data for a producer and ElasticSearch as a sink for our consumer
- Overview of Advanced APIs (Kafka Connect, Kafka Streams)
- Real World Case Studies and Big Use cases
- Overview of Advanced Kafka for Administrators
- Advanced Topic Configurations
- Annexes (starting a Kafka cluster locally, using Docker, etc...)
The Kafka for Beginners course is the best place to start your Kafka learning journey... Ask other students!
- "That's one of the most high-quality on-line courses I ever took" Paul L.
- "This training was awesome and learnt many things about KAFKA though having 0 years of experience in this technology" Puneet G.
- "Outstanding on all fronts! I wish all courses were that well presented. I especially appreciate the hands-on sections. I was able to get everything up and running with ease. Highly recommend this course and this instructor!" David G.
Stephane Maarek is the instructor of this course. He is a Kafka Expert, guest author on the Confluent Blog and Speaker at the Kafka Summit SF 2018. He's the author of the highly-rated Apache Kafka Series on Udemy, having taught already to 40,000+ students and received 12,000+ reviews.
He shares all his Kafka knowledge on the platform, taking the time to explain every concept and provide students with both theoretical and practical dimensions. You are in good hands!
This Course Also Comes With:
Lifetime Access to All Future Updates
A responsive instructor in the Q&A Section
Links to interesting articles, and lots of good code to base your next applications onto
Udemy Certificate of Completion Ready for Download
This is the course that could improve your career!
Apache Kafka is a skill in high demand and there are not enough people to fulfil all the open positions. You can boost your income, take on new roles and fun challenges. Many of my students are now the Kafka experts of their companies!
I hope to see you inside the course!
Note: Looking for more advanced Kafka concepts? There are many volumes in the Apache Kafka Series:
- Learn Kafka for Beginners v2 (this course - great to start)
- Kafka Connect Hands On Learning
- Kafka Streams for Data Processing
- Kafka Cluster Setup & Administration
- Confluent Schema Registry & Kafka REST Proxy
- Kafka Security (SSL SASL ACL)
- Kafka Monitoring and Operations
- Developers who want to learn the Apache Kafka Fundamentals, start a cluster and write their first application
- Architects who want to understand how Apache Kafka fits into their solution architecture
- Anyone looking to learn the full theory of how Apache Kafka works as a distributed system
Stephane is a solutions architect, consultant and software developer that has a particular interest in all things related to Big Data, Cloud & API. He's also a many-times best seller instructor on Udemy for his courses in Apache Kafka and AWS.
[See FAQ below to see in which order you can take my courses]
He is an AWS Certified Developer, SysOps & Solutions Architect, and loves to teach people how to use the AWS properly, to get them ready for their AWS certifications, and most importantly for the real world.
He also loves Apache Kafka. He sits on the 2019 Program Committee organizing the Kafka Summit in New York, London and San Francisco. He is also an active member of the Apache Kafka community, authoring blogs on Medium and a guest blog for Confluent.
During his spare time he enjoys cooking, practicing yoga, surfing, watching TV shows, and traveling to awesome destinations!
FAQ: In which order should you learn?...
AWS Cloud: Start with AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate, then move on to AWS Certified Developer Associate and then AWS Certified SysOps Administrator. Once ready, you can learn AWS Lambda and AWS CloudFormation in depth, or do the AWS Big Data certification.
Apache Kafka: Start with Apache Kafka for Beginners, then you can learn Connect, Streams and Schema Registry if you