Gain Highly Advanced Excel Skills to Create Impressive Excel Graphs for your Management Reports (Excel 2010)
Created by: Leila Gharani
Produced in 2020
What you will learn
- Significantly improve your Excel reports to create more powerful graphs that communicate your information in the best manner
- Learn creative & simple techniques that allow you to create your own Excel charts from scratch
- Create dynamic Excel charts. Why? To save time! I have seen many cases where people are unnecessarily manually updating graphs. This costs considerable time and nerves.
- Impress your management by including new Excel graphs in your reports (such as my Pin chart for variances)
- Apply Best Practice methods to considerably improve the design of your Excel charts and tables
- Apply techniques that highlight chart and table elements to direct the reader attention where it is needed most
- Use effective Chart Combinations that are pivotal to management reports
- Apply best methods to compare performance in your Excel graphs: as in Actual data versus Budget, forecasts and previous year
- Learn by doing. Download
Overall Score : 94 / 100
Significantly Improve your Reports by using Advanced Excel Graph Techniques.
This Course Includes:
- Downloadable Workbook to follow the demonstrations (and use the charts as your templates).
- Downloadable Exercise Book (answers included).
- Full set of Cheat Sheets for download in Lecture 3. This PDF document is a quick reference guide for whenever you need to create any of the charts in this training.
Lauren says: "I wish she had more courses on advanced excel and access that are formatted like this one. She frames the content in ways that are applicable to my current job. I will be able to improve my current processes and project turnaround time as well as the look/feel of my tables and charts."
John says: "Leila does a fantastic job of walking you thru the process of creating various charts from scratch. From which formula to use to step by step chart creation. As a bonus you have actual exercises to practice your new skills, Absolutely one of the best instructional courses I have taken"
Paul says: "Course is clear, to the point and very dynamic. Excellent!"
Types of Excel Charts & Excel Graphs are presented:
The content and type of Excel charts presented are those that are typical to corporate reporting. Given my background in controlling, finance and project management, I designed the training with this audience in mind and the typical methods used to report, communicate, analyze, check and plan quantitative information.
If you are a student taking this course, rest assured that you are well equipped with advanced Excel visualization & chart design techniques to impress any employer who requires you to create graphs & reports in Excel.
Demonstration will be done using Excel 2010, but all methods will be compatible with older as well as future versions of Excel unless otherwise stated in the video. My main focus is to introduce you to new "methods" of doing things which you can do no matter which Excel version you have.
Why this course is different to other Excel courses:
I will not only demonstrate to you, but youwill be able to follow each demonstration in your own Excel workbook. To make sure you have understood thetechniques, you will complete an exercise at the end of each section (answers are included but you have to try on your own first).
I place great value on keeping the training not only informative but also interesting. I know technical courses can be boring, especially when taken online. For this reason, I have mixed screen-casts together with talking head and flip chart type of demonstrations to get it as close to a classroom training style as possible.
I have also been told by many students that I have the ability to explain complex topics in an easy to understand manner. I think you will benefit from that.
This course is split to 5 major parts:
- Methods to effectively communicate and present data trends In this section I will also provide you with a crash course in best practices for table and graph design.
- Behind the scenes secrets of dynamic charts in Excel, where I introduce you to key functions you need to use to never manually update your Excel charts again The functions you learn here go beyond graphs and charts. They enable you to do complex look ups in large data tables.
- Techniques that highlight Excel chart and table elements to direct the reader attention where it is needed most.
- New ways to compare performance: as in Actual data versus Budget, forecasts and previous year
- Effective Chart Combinations that are pivotal to management reports
- Controller or financial analyst responsible for creating monthly, quarterly or yearly reports
- Finance or department manager looking for new effective visualization methods
- A student planning to work as a business or financial analyst or in any function that will require data visualization
- All in all, if you're responsible for presenting your data graphically and you need to do this with Excel, you will benefit from the methods I teach in this course
Leila Gharani is a Microsoft Excel MVP (Most Valuable Professional) dedicated to helping you create outstanding tools and reports in Excel. Her courses are for those who want to learn Excel, accelerate their careers and achieve more in less time.
Leila' background is Masters in Economics, Economist, Consultant, Oracle HFM Accounting Systems Expert & Project Manager. For over 15 years she has worked in the Finance and IT departments implementing reporting systems based on Oracle and SAP. All the while using Excel VBA to automate and improve processes.
Since 5 years, Leila runs her own Excel site and has an active YouTube channel with many engaging, high quality videos. She provides customized Excel dashboard seminars, enhanced visualization techniques, and advanced Excel seminars to large corporations. She also teaches at the University of Applied Sciences in Upper Austria.
Her courses include examples based on her experience as well as the consulting work she has done for international companies. Many of the Excel tips and tricks she shares is based on the questions received from experienced professionals in her Excel training sessions.
She places great value on keeping her Excel courses not only informative but also engaging. For this reason, students will find enough challenges, exercises and downloadable files to practice so they can maximize the value gained from each course.
Students also recommend
4.9 (15 Reviews)
- Provider: YouTube
- Time: 12h
0.0 (0 Reviews)
- Provider: Chandoo.org
- Time: 1h 30m
0.0 (0 Reviews)
- Provider: Amazon