What you will learn
- Create your own Python scripts to automate tasks.
- Read CSV Files with Python.
- Be able to work with PDF files in Python.
- Manipulate images with Python.
- Learn how to create functions with Python.
- Use Object Oriented Programming with Python.
- Send and receive emails automatically with Python.
- Decryption , Encryption, and Hashing with Python.
- Plot geographical points on Google Maps with Python.
- Read files and apply regular expressions with Python.
- Scrape websites for information using Python.
Overall Score : 94 / 100
Live Chat with CourseDuck's Co-Founder for Help
This course is designed to take you from a complete beginner in programming all the way to becoming an effective programmer that can use Python to solve real tasks! I'm Jose Portilla and I am the most popular Python instructor on the Udemy platform. I've taught Python programming at Fortune 500 companies and I'm very excited to bring the same quality of material to Udemy! Python is used by some of the world's largest companies to accomplish all kinds of tasks.
This course is also completely different than any other course on Udemy, it incorporates a narrative story that helps engage students and also provides context to the different tasks you have to accomplish. We utilize project based learning to effectively teach Python and give you the skills to put Python on your resume. We have numerous projects and tasks for you to practice what you are learning.
In addition to this we have Question and Answer forums where Teaching Assistants and myself are present to help answer any questions you may have, we also have a chat channel where you can talk to other students to team up on your own projects!
We will cover a lot of topics in this course! Including:
- Basic Python Data Types such as numbers, variables, lists, dictionaries, tuples, sets, and more.
- Key Control Flow - This is the logic that helps run your code, such as if, elif, and else statements.
- Loops - We'll show you how to become an expert user of for loops and while loops so you can effectively program.
- Functions - You will learn how to create clean, reusable functions that help automate tasks that you repeat.
- Object Oriented Programming (OOP) - We will explain OOP in a clear and steady way, helping you master one of Python's most powerful features.
- Web Scraping - Learn to use the BeautifulSoup and Requests libraries to perform web scraping.
- CSV Files - You'll be able to use Python's built in csv library to work with csv data with Python.
- PDF Files - Learn about the PyPDF2 library that allows you to read PDF files pro grammatically.
- Zip Files - See how Python can zip files and extract information from already compressed zip files.
- OS Module - Discover how to perform operating system level commands with Python's os module.
- Images - You will learn how to edit and resize images with Python.
- Decryption and Encryption - See how to use the cryptography library with Python to encode and decode encrypted messages.
- Geographical Mapping - We'll show you how to use Python in conjunction with the Google Map's API to plot information on a map!
- and so much more!
I'll see you inside the course!
Jose PortillaWho this course is for:
- Anyone interested in learning how to program with Python!
Jose Marcial Portilla has a BS and MS in Mechanical Engineering from Santa Clara University and years of experience as a professional instructor and trainer for Data Science and programming. He has publications and patents in various fields such as microfluidics, materials science, and data science technologies. Over the course of his career he has developed a skill set in analyzing data and he hopes to use his experience in teaching and data science to help other people learn the power of programming the ability to analyze data, as well as present the data in clear and beautiful visualizations. Currently he works as the Head of Data Science for Pierian Data Inc. and provides in-person data science and python programming training courses to employees working at top companies, including General Electric, Cigna, The New York Times, Credit Suisse, and many more. Feel free to contact him on LinkedIn for more information on in-person training sessions or group training sessions in Las Vegas, NV.
Students also recommend
4.7 (91 Reviews)
- Provider: Coursera
- Time: 25h
4.8 (28 Reviews)
- Provider: YouTube
- Time: 9h
4.4 (18 Reviews)
- Provider: Google
- Time: 3h 35m