PostgreSQL, PGAdmin, SQL for Beginners
Created by: Karthikeya Tatavarthi
Produced in 2021
What you will learn
- You will gain confidence in using PostgreSQL for your projects
- You will learn how to integrate application logic with PostgreSQL and interact with it.
- You will learn PdAdmin features like Stored Procedures, Triggers, Views, User roles, etc
- You will learn how the request flows in an MVC Architecture and perform CRUD Operations
- You will learn the most frequently used SQL queries
- You will learn how to design a Database for a given use case
- You will gain confidence to attend Interviews related to PostgreSQL and SQL
Overall Score : 96 / 100
Live Chat with CourseDuck's Co-Founder for Help
It has wonderful analytical capabilities and offers a powerful SQL engine, which makes processing large amounts of data in efficient manner.
- Better standard compliance to ACID properties
- Better performance for read and write operations (Crucial for performing Data Analysis and Data Warehousing)
- Better performance in handling complex queries
- Better security with builtin SSL Support and communication is encrypted
- Great support for cloud infrastructures like AWS, Microsoft Azure, etc
- Supports NoSQL Features
- Supports a wide range of programming languages (C, C++, Java, Python, Java Script, R, Perl, Ruby, etc..)
- Offers rich set of features for administration
- Zero downtime upgrades
Why this course?
This course will start with an assumption that you don't know anything about Database. We will start, right form the very basic question, "What is Database?" to more and more advanced concepts (refer course content below). In short, if you want to learn PostgreSQL and you don't even have knowledge on RDBMS, then you are in the right place! You will love this course.
Here are some organic reviews I received from students who took this course,
"This is another excellent course in the database with this tutor. I am now some part of the course and it is very engaging."
"This course is well organized and clear explanation. No unnecessary junk, just the right content!"
"I recommend this course to anyone who want to get started with postgresql. The instructor is knowledgeable and knows his stuff well. The mini project in the end is useful"
Apart from PostgreSQL, You will learn about 'PGadmin' which is administrative tool for Database Administrators. You will learn 'SQL' (Postgresql specific) which is a language to communicate with the Database. You will learn about 'JDBC' with is essentially a glue code, that will enable your application to interact with the Database.
We are also going to create a CRUD Application by combining all the components. We will follow the MVC design pattern to do so.
I have over 11 Years of corporate experience in creating enterprise Java applications and been teaching online/offline for over 6 years. I've contributed to many ambitious projects in the industry. Although, I did not work as a Database Administrator specifically, I have used PostgreSQL as the Database solution for the projects I worked on. I have great exposure to the entire stack of Java technologies and in this course, I will fill the gaps related to the Database and specifically PostgreSQL.
High Level Course Content
Introduction to the course
- Components of DBMS and its architecture
- RDBMS terminologies
- Structured Query Language with PostgreSQL
- Basic Operations
- SQL Constraints
- Working with Relations
- Fetching Data
- SQL Joins
- Queries and Result Sets
- Sub Queries
- DBMS through PostgreSQL and PgAdmin
- PostgreSQL Users and Roles
- Database Views
- PgAdmin Stored Procedures
- Schema Objects
- DDL, DML, DCL, TCL, and Postgres Commands
- PgAdmin Components
- Designing a database and good practices!
- MVC Architecture and Mini Project
I hope to see you there!Who this course is for:
- Individuals who are learning Java or related technologies
- Individuals who are working on enterprise applications
- Individuals who want to have their first job as DBA
Teaching is an art in my opinion. I believe, it's the responsibility of the Instructor to make sure that the student understand the concepts.
I don't want to promote my decade and half experience in the industry. All my experience means nothing to me if I fail to teach you the way you understand.
My primary focus is to teach you the technology and ease your journey to a successful life.