Learn the latest Big Data technology - Spark and Scala, including Spark 2.0 DataFrames!
Created by: Jose Portilla
Produced in 2022
What you will learn
- Use Scala for Programming
- Use Spark 2.0 DataFrames to read and manipulate data
- Use Spark to Process Large Datasets
- Understand hot to use Spark on AWS and DataBricks
Overall Score : 84 / 100
Live Chat with CourseDuck's Co-Founder for Help
Scala and Spark are two of the most in demand skills right now, and with this course you can learn them quickly and easily! This course comes packed with content:
- Crash Course in Scala Programming
- Spark and Big Data Ecosystem Overview
- Using Spark's MLlib for Machine Learning
- Scale up Spark jobs using Amazon Web Services
- Learn how to use Databrick's Big Data Platform
- and much more!
After completing this course you will feel comfortable putting Scala and Spark on your resume!
Thanks and I will see you inside the course!Who this course is for:
- Someone who already knows how to program and is interested in learning Big Data Technologies
- Interested in using Spark with Scala for Machine Learning with Large Data Sets
Jose Marcial Portilla has a BS and MS in Mechanical Engineering from Santa Clara University and years of experience as a professional instructor and trainer for Data Science and programming. He has publications and patents in various fields such as microfluidics, materials science, and data science technologies. Over the course of his career he has developed a skill set in analyzing data and he hopes to use his experience in teaching and data science to help other people learn the power of programming the ability to analyze data, as well as present the data in clear and beautiful visualizations. Currently he works as the Head of Data Science for Pierian Data Inc. and provides in-person data science and python programming training courses to employees working at top companies, including General Electric, Cigna, The New York Times, Credit Suisse, and many more. Feel free to contact him on LinkedIn for more information on in-person training sessions or group training sessions in Las Vegas, NV.
Students also recommend
4.6 (15 Reviews)
- Provider: YouTube
- Time: 19h
4.3 (24 Reviews)
- Provider: fast.ai
- Time: 30h
4.9 (109 Reviews)
- Provider: Coursera
- Time: 7h