Learn Excel business intelligence (Power Query, Power Pivot & DAX) with a best-selling Excel instructor (Excel 2013+)
Created by: Maven Analytics
Produced in 2022
What you will learn
- Get up & running with Excel's game changing data modeling & business intelligence tools
- Learn how to use Power Query, Power Pivot & DAX to absolutely revolutionize your workflow in Excel
- Master unique tips, tools and case studies that you won't find in ANY other course, guaranteed
- Explore fun, interactive, and highly effective lessons from a best-selling Excel instructor
- Get LIFETIME access to project files, quizzes and homework exercises, and 1-on-1 expert support
- Build pro-quality business intelligence solutions to blend and analyze data from multiple sources
Overall Score : 98 / 100
Live Chat with CourseDuck's Co-Founder for Help
"I am a self-taught Excel Power Query user and it took me a while to understand what each tool does and how it interacts with others. Thanks to your introduction I finally nailed it in a very clear, unambiguous way. You helped me build a method that I can confidently apply to my data in Excel. Thank you so much!"
"I'm less of an expert at breathing than Chris is at Excel. This course is thorough and well-planned, and he presents in a manner that simplifies the complicated. Well worth your time if you want to master Excel power query and power pivot!"
"I'm geeking out, this is so cool. Where has this been all my life???"
This course introduces Microsoft Excel's powerful data modeling and business intelligence tools: Power Query, Power Pivot, and Data Analysis Expressions (DAX). If you're looking to become a power Excel user and absolutely supercharge your Excel analytics game, this course is the A-Z guide that you're looking for.
I'll introduce the "Power Excel" landscape, and explore what these Excel tools are all about and why they are changing the world of self-service business intelligence. Together, we'll walk through the Excel BI workflow, and build an entire Excel data model from scratch:
- First we'll get hands-on with Power Query; a tool to extract, transform, and load data into Excel from flat files, folders, databases, API services and more. We'll practice shaping, blending and exploring our project files in Excel's query editor, and create completely automated loading procedures inside of Excel with only a few clicks.
- From there we'll dive into Data Modeling 101, and cover the fundamentals of database design and normalization (including table relationships, cardinality, hierarchies and more). We'll take a tour through the Excel data model interface, introduce some best practices and pro tips, and then create our own relational database to analyze throughout the course.
- Finally, we'll use Power Pivot and DAX to explore and analyze our Excel data model. Unlike traditional Excel Pivot Tables, Power Pivot allows you to analyze hundreds of millions of rows across multiple data tables (inside of Excel!), and create supercharged calculated fields using a formula language called Data Analysis Expressions (or "DAX" for short). We'll cover basic DAX syntax, then introduce some of the most powerful and commonly-used functions -- CALCULATE, FILTER, SUMX and more.
See you in there!
-Chris (Founder, Excel Maven & Maven Analytics)
IMPORTANT: Power Query and Power Pivot are currently NOT available in Excel for Mac. You'll need a PC version of Excel that is compatible with Power Pivot (Excel 2010 with plug-in, Excel 2013, Excel 2016, or Excel 2019 Standalone, Office 365 Pro Plus, Enterprise E3/E5, Office Professional 2016, etc.)
P.S. Looking to master the full Microsoft Excel, Power BI + SQL stack? Search for "Maven Analytics" and complete the courses below to become a business intelligence ROCKSTAR:
- Excel Pro Tips for Power Users
- Advanced Excel Formulas & Functions
- Data Visualization with Excel Charts & Graphs
- Data Analysis with Excel PivotTables
- Excel Power Query, Power Pivot & DAX
- Up & Running with Power BI Desktop
- Publishing to Power BI Service
- SQL Database Analysis for Beginners
- Advanced MySQL for Analytics & Business Intelligence
- Excel users who want to learn advanced data modeling & business intelligence tools
- Students looking for a comprehensive, engaging, and highly interactive approach to Excel training
- Anyone looking to become an Excel POWER USER and supercharge their analytics skillset
- Students looking to pursue a career in data analysis or business intelligence
Maven Analytics transforms everyday people into data rockstars by streamlining, simplifying, and personalizing the online learning experience.
Since 2014 we've helped students and teams across 190 countries develop the most sought-after analytics skills, through on-demand courses, personalized skills assessments, curated learning paths, and enterprise training.
Learning new skills shouldn't be complicated. Think of Maven as your personal team of instructors, experts, mentors and guides, helping you navigate the learning process and develop the skills you need, on-demand.Chris Dutton is a professional BI developer, certified Microsoft expert, and best-selling Udemy instructor with more than a decade of experience specializing in business intelligence, marketing analytics and data visualization.
He founded Excel Maven and Maven Analytics in 2014 to provide high-quality, applied analytics training and consulting to clients around the world, and now mentors 100,000+ students in more than 185 countries. He has developed award-winning data analytics and visualization tools, which have been featured by Microsoft, the New York Times, and the Society of American Baseball Research.
Current Udemy courses include:
- Advanced Excel Formulas & Functions (English & Spanish)
- Data Visualizat
Students also recommend
4.9 (15 Reviews)
- Provider: YouTube
- Time: 12h
0.0 (0 Reviews)
- Provider: Chandoo.org
- Time: 1h 30m
0.0 (0 Reviews)
- Provider: Amazon