Created by: The Odin Project
Produced in 2013
What you will learn
- How to get and use development tools.
- Git basics.
- Introduction to front end development.
- Introduction to back end development and Ruby.
- Web development frameworks.
- Pair programming.
Overall Score : 92 / 100
web development Awards Reddit's Choice
- This introduction covers substantial ground, but it is only the beginning. A complete path to web development is available through continued learning.
- Online community appears more dedicated to success than most, making it an invaluable resource.
- Self-paced learning lets you get back what you put into the learning process.
- Similar to free-range parenting, the Odin method is all about self-sufficiency. Those who do best being led by the hand will not succeed here.
- This is priming students for deep mastery of concepts. Information is dense compared to other introductory courses.
The Odin Project provides a free open source coding curriculum that can be taken entirely online. Since it's inception, it has helped many students get hired as developers and has assisted countless others learn enough programming to work on their own personal projects. Founded in 2013 by Erik Trautman, The Odin Project is now sponsored by Thinkful, a new type of technology school that provides 1-on-1 learning through its network of industry experts, hiring partners, and online platform to deliver a structured and flexible education. The Odin Project is maintained and continually improved by a team of volunteers, many of whom learned to code with us.