GIMP 2.10 Complete Guide - Learn the Free Photo Editor GIMP. Go From a Beginner to Pro in Photo Editing & Graphic Design
Created by: Michael Davies
Produced in 2021
What you will learn
- How to Master GIMP 2.10
- How to use all the tools in the GIMP toolbox.
- The GIMP layout and its most important features
- All 38 layer modes (blend modes) for creating image effects.
- Important design and image editing concepts like Layers and Selection Areas
- What's new in the latest versions of GIMP, including GIMP 2.10.12
- Edit a photo professionally from start to finish.
- Use proper methods, not shortcuts, for better and more professional results.
- Import photos into GIMP.
- Edit photos for print or web.
- Make image adjustments using powerful built-in tools and filters.
- Touch up photos to remove imperfections or background objects.
- Enhance photos for a better finished product.
- How to Master the Paths Tool
- How to add a vignette around photos for a more dramatic effect.
- The Dodge and Burn Tools for a "Vogue" look.
- Crop or resize images with minimal quality loss,
Overall Score : 90 / 100
Live Chat with CourseDuck's Co-Founder for Help
- A UDEMY BEST-SELLER WITH 2,700+ STUDENTS
- MORE GIMP CONTENT THAN ANY OTHER COURSE WITH 220 LECTURES, OVER 27 HOURS OF CONTENT
- HIGHEST RATED COURSE AMONG ALL GIMP COURSES WITH 20+ HOURS OF CONTENT (4.6 STAR RATING)
Do you just wish you knew all of the great things GIMP had to offer (especially as an alternative to or replacement for Photoshop)? Have you taken photos with your camera but don't know how to edit them? Are you struggling to make your images look great or professional in GIMP? Are you curious as to what GIMP can offer as a graphic design program? Not sure which methods are best for getting professional results?
This is the course for you!
Join over 2,700 students and start mastering GIMP 2.10 today! This course has more in-depth GIMP 2.10 content than any other course on the platform, plus tons of projects, assignments and course resources to help you practice the skills learned in each lecture.
Get familiar with photo editing in GIMP 2.10 to improve your photos and master photo retouching with this BEST SELLING course, taught by an 8 year GIMP expert and photographer. No Photoshop required!
In This Course, You'll Learn:
- Getting started with GIMP
- The GIMP layout and other GIMP Basics
- A comprehensive overview of ALL GIMP tools in the Toolbox, including:
- Selection Tools
- Path Tool
- Transform Tools
- Paint Tools
- Text Tool
- Miscellaneous Tools
- Setting up the program interface for photo retouching
- Opening RAW images into GIMP
- Editing your photos to improve their color and quality
- Color balancing
- levels adjustment
- Brightness & Contrast
- Sharpening an image
- Touching up an image
- Eye enhancement
- Creating a "Vogue" look
- Designing a Photo Collage Using Multiple Images and Layer Masks
- All 38 layer modes found in GIMP for blending images
- Includes explanations of each Layer Mode Type
- Scaling and cropping your images, including cropping images into a circle shape
- Enhancing your photos with lighting effects and filters
- Editing Black and White Photos
- Creating social media banners for Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Includes free templates for social media banners
- Exporting your images out of GIMP for use in print or web projects
- PLUS you'll get access to over 10 hours of Bonus Photo Editing Tutorials, Graphic Design Tutorials, and Photo Manipulation Tutorials (including GIMP 2.10 tutorials) at the end of the course - commercial free - to help you further develop and acquire new GIMP skills! Tutorials cover a wide range of topics, including:
- Top 5 Photo Enhancement Techniques
- Fix Dark Portrait Lighting the RIGHT Way
- Picture in Text with 3D Pop-out Effect
- Rain Effect Photo Manipulation Tutorial
- GEGL, Explained
- 5 Things You Didn't Know You Could Do with GIMP
- Acne Removal and Improving Skin Complexion
- What's New in GIMP 2.10.2, GIMP 2.10.4, GIMP 2.10.6, GIMP 2.10.8, GIMP 2.10.10, GIMP 2.10.12, and GIMP 2.10.14
- How to Open RAW Images in GIMP 2.10 (using DarkTable)
- How to Fix Old and Severely Damaged Photos
- How to Recolor Photos
- How to Import Palettes
- How to Create Pixel Art (For Game Design)
- and more!
What Students Say About the Course
"I'm so glad I found this! I have been using GIMP for several years (a couple of decades actually) and have been looking for a comprehensive GIMP course like this forever. This course has finally given me exactly what I've been looking for. Michael's course and teaching method are absolutely impressive!"
-Reg E. | *****
"Very thorough explanations of numerous GIMP features. As a long-time Photoshop user, I wanted to learn more about how to use GIMP effectively, and this course has been very good."
-Jud D. | *****
"When I started this course I had some basic knowledge of GIMP. However I had many gaps and/or insecurities when applying my knowledge. So I wanted to become a better user. By the way you already noticed English is not my native language. But Michael's English is easy to understand and with the the help of subtitles I understood most everything[...] After having concluded the course I can say: - I am really a better user - I learned a lot[.] This course is worth every penny. Highly recommended!"
-Hans-Peter L. | *****
"An Outstanding course on Gimp that will help any user develop a solid understanding of all the tools and how to apply them."
-Arthur | *****
Whether you want to edit photos for clients, touch up your own portraits, or make your own graphic design compositions, this is the place to start! Join over 2,700 students!
By the end of this course, you will have a strong understanding of how to use the photo editing tools within GIMP. You will also develop a better eye for coloring and correcting your images. Overall, you'll be able to more consistently enhance images for a better looking final product!
My goal for this course is to teach you the proper and professional way to edit your photos, plus how to create amazing graphic design projects or compositions. I don't take shortcuts in my methods - I only recommend the best methods based on my 8 years of experience using GIMP and the recommendations that come straight from the creators of the GIMP photo editor. This comprehensive course will, in the end, allow you to focus on your artistic abilities when editing photos while also harnessing your newly-acquired technical knowledge of the GIMP program. Take the limitations and guesswork out of your photo editing and design process and create with confidence!
Take your time with the course - there is not time limit for completing it and you'll get lifetime access once you enroll. Learn from one of the top GIMP-dedicated educators in the world - not someone who only teaches GIMP as a footnote to other programs like Photoshop.
If you don't like the course, there is a 30 day money-back guarantee. However, I think you'll really enjoy it!Who this course is for:
- All skill levels looking to improve their knowledge of GIMP's features, filters, and tools.
- Beginner GIMP users who want to get familiar with this free photo editor.
- Photographers who want to edit their photos on a free
I'm a GIMP guru and owner of Davies Media Design, one of the largest GIMP educators in the world! I've been using GIMP since before it was cool (back in 2011) and have watched this software grow up to be a real asset to any graphic designer or photographer. My goal is to help beginners master GIMP so they can create beautiful projects of their own without needing to purchase expensive image manipulation programs like Photoshop.
My videos & tutorials on GIMP have received over 3 million views from all over the world. They can be seen on sites like YouTube, where I have over 35,000 subscribers, the State University of New York (SUNY) online, Imaging Resource, K12, Sitepoint, and Guilford Technical Community College online.
I have a Marketing Degree from the University of Central Florida and am the owner of a company that specializes in online education. In addition to teaching online, I have also taught various workshops in the US. I am also the founder and moderator of the Denver Green Forum, a sustainability panel featuring green thought leaders from around Colorado, and am a sustainability enthusiast!