What you will learn
- You will learn how to be more confident on approaching a vfx heavy shot where you are the sole person with the responsibility to finish the shot.
- Learn to do Key for a green screen footage
- Creating a basic matte painting landscape in photoshop
- sculpting in Maya to create our rock asset
- learn how to use substance painter to texture our spaceship asset
- Know how to use the Redshift render shader and render settings
Overall Score : 100 / 100
Live Chat with CourseDuck's Co-Founder for Help
Project Files are included if you want to follow along. Also all my nuke scripts too if you want to dig into the nodes ity bity!!
While i show you the techniques of finishing a shot all the way from 2d to 3d, I hope after watching this training you will be more confident on approaching a shot. Main goal is to be the Swiss army knife of VFX, specially for Indie film makers on a tight budget.
Summary of Lessons
- Keying in Nuke
- Creating the background matte painting
- Modeling the rock debris and animating in Autodesk Maya
- Overview of the Space Ship model & UV unwrapping it
- Texturing the ship in Substance Painter
- Look dev our rock debris and the Space ship
- Bringing all the renders to Nuke for our final Composite
Most of the Lessons Folder contains its own project files(nuke scripts,maya scenes)
- The Foundry Nuke
- Autodesk Maya 2018
- Substance Painter
- Adobe Photoshop
- Redshift Render Engine
- PdPlayer(for previewing image sequence) not a must
Who this course is for:
- Aspiring students Who wish to learn the inner workings of a VFX shot. To help with your own future projects
- Film makers who are interested to learn the vfx production phase
- For artists who likes to be involved with all the phase of a vfx pipeline
Abo Nabam graduated from Vancouver Film Academy. After graduation, he participated in the production of many short films and participated in many outsourcing work. In the movie "Warcraft" as a visual artist, responsible for the VFX of the award-winning short film Metta-Via. In addition, he is also involved in the VFX projects of many short films.At present, he mostly works as a freelancer. But he also loves to create learning materials for the upcoming aspiring artists.