Learn how to master the FiLMiC Pro app and shoot professional quality video with a smartphone.
Created by: Mobile Filmmaker Academy
Produced in 2020
What you will learn
- The FiLMiC Pro app user interface and controls
- Mobile filmmaking accessories to use with FiLMiC Pro
- Optimal settings to shoot professional quality video
- Best practices for before, during and after your shoot
Overall Score : 100 / 100
In this guide we'll start with the basics of getting to know the app, then learn how to use it to shoot professional quality video with your smartphone.
Covers these topics and more:
- Choosing resolution and frame rate
- Manually control white balance, exposure and focus
- Using histograms, zebra stripes, and focus peaking
- Setting up and shooting slow motion
- Using presets to quickly repeat different shooting setups
- Best audio settings
- HDMI and wireless video monitoring
- Timelapse settings
- Best ways to transfer the video files from your phone for editing
- Shooting with the Cinematographer Kit and log footage (plus a bonus color grading tutorial)
- Hands-on gear demos (suggested camera rigs, gimbals and third-party lenses)
- Overall Best Practices for before, during and after your FiLMiC Pro shoot
- Top mobile filmmaking accessories (with direct links to Amazon and/or B&H)
- Also included are future key feature updates to the V6 app! So far we've added White Balance Auto-Lock and the iPhone 11 Ultra Wide lens compatibility.
- "I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this course to anyone wanting to know how to use Filmic Pro properly and wanting to better their cinematography." -Rico Y.
- "Extremely clear! The instructor clearly speaks at an excellent pace - not boringly slow or (worse) so fast that he cannot be understood." -George B.
- "Best produced course on FiLMiC Pro I've seen." -Eliot F.
- "Crystal clear! Great job. Thanks a lot for this course." -Antoine G.
- "Finished the course in roughly a weekend and learned at least 15 new things (actually stopped counting) that will help my filmmaking. Would recommend to anyone, of any level!" -Thomas M.Who this course is for:
- Indie filmmakers, YouTube creators, mobile journalists, documentary filmmakers, vloggers, educators, small business owners, corporate or real estate video producers, etc.
- Whether you're a beginner just getting into smartphone video and using FiLMiC Pro or are somewhat experienced and looking to take your knowledge to the next level
The Mobile Filmmaking Academy is part of the iPhoneographers' popular YouTube channel and website. We make online filmmaking courses, tutorials, gear reviews, how-to videos, short films, and more including FiLMiC Pro LUT packs for color grading. We were founded by award-winning filmmaker Blake Calhoun and have been creating content with FiLMiC Pro since 2012.