A practical guide to understanding lighting in Unreal Engine 4.
Created by: Bradley Wascher
Produced in 2017
What you will learn
- A fundamental understanding of how to install the unreal engine and use its interface
- What are the different lights that are available to use and how to use them
- How to light full production ready levels, both from a static perspective and real time
- How to problem solve quality issues with your lighting
- The ability to understand and debug lighting errors inside of Unreal Engine
Overall Score : 94 / 100
Live Chat with CourseDuck's Co-Founder for Help
What really would be useful is a systematic approach to explaining the different lights and how to use them inside of Unreal. You would understand the different menus and options that affect the lighting. Finally, you would take all that knowledge and use it in real scenes to apply what you just learned in a practical way.
This course is designed to do just that for you. In this course we will be covering the whys of the lighting system inside of Unreal engine. This course will give you practical understanding and knowledge of how to set up your lighting. Then you will be guided through case study scenes that will use the knowledge you just gained to light full production levels. Finally you will have access to a long list of common issues and fixes that can appear when working with lighting inside of Unreal engine.
This course will leave you with not just an understanding of how to light your scenes in Unreal engine but the confidence to understand what will result in the best quality and performance for your project. This course is built to help you stop struggling with understanding lighting and finally master the concepts of creating great lighting inside of Unreal engine. Who this course is for:
- Is looking to understand how to light scenes inside of Unreal Engine 4
- Curious about the technical knowledge of lighting so you can make better informed decisions
- Looking for the ability to make smart choices about lighting that lead to great final results
- If you're looking to finally get a grasp of how to make great lighting and improve your art and skillset
My name is Bradley Wascher, I am a 3D environment artist working in the video game industry. I've worked for some of the biggest names in the video games industry, from Liquid development, to High Moon Studios, which is owned and ran by Activision. I have several years of on the job experience creating 3D art for video games. I have even worked for a design company creating 3D products all the way down to 2D web graphics and print ads.
I've had the great pleasure in my many jobs to have learned a lot and met a lot of great people that had their own techniques and insight. I wanted to give back to the world of 3D by releasing classes and tutorials that would help others either get a grasp of how video games are actually built or help artists that are already working to advance their skills.
If you ever have any questions just let me know. -BW