Learn how to design a user experience (UX) that people want to use.
Created by: Susan Weinschenk
Produced in 2017
What you will learn
- Learn the psychology that applies to behavior when people use websites, apps or other technology products
- Learn how to create a more engaging design using these psychology principles
- Learn what really motivates people to take action
Overall Score : 98 / 100
Live Chat with CourseDuck's Co-Founder for Help
In this course you will learn how to design a user experience (UX) that is engaging. You'll learn about what motivates people to take action, and how to use this knowledge to design websites, apps, and products so that they are engaging and so people will take the action you want them to take.
This course is based on a semester-long course taught at the University of Wisconsin, Stevens Point by the same instructor, Dr. Susan Weinschenk.
About This Course:
Over 7,000 students.
Unconditional 30 day money back guarantee.
All future upgrades and lectures are included for FREE.
You will learn about:
- The parts of the visual cortex that are sensitive to certain visual stimuli, and how that should inform your visual designs
- A special part of the brain that is sensitive to faces and how to use faces to grab attention
- How having a number in one place can affect how people respond later on
- How to use human factor loads to make a product more engaging
- Choice architecture
- Social validation
- How people process stories
- The impact of self-stories on behavior
- Which instincts grab attention
- What makes a product habit forming
- When to use rewards and when not to
- Why gamification often doesn't work
- How to stimulate the desire for mastery
- How to apply engagement principles to a re-design or to a new product
You have unlimited access to all the lessons 24 hours a day, for as long as you want or need them, so you can take the course at your own pace and go back to review any materials any time you want.
There are quizzes throughout the course to test your knowledge and exercises to practice what you are learning.
Click the button at the top right of this page now and get started right away. You don't want to delay learning how to create engaging products that people WANT to buy and use and that motivate them to action. Who this course is for:
- User Experience Professionals, Product Managers, Product Designers, Web Designers
I have a Ph.D. in Psychology and decades of experience as a behavioral scientist, applying psychology to the design of digital products. I'm a consultant to Fortune 1000 companies, start-ups, and educational and government organizations.
A client once referred to me as "The Brain Lady", and it stuck. Probably because I like to teach and consult about brain science.
I'm currently the Founder and Principal of The Team W. I consult, coach, teach, and speak about behavioral science, brain science, psychology, design, innovation, and user experience. I've been lucky enough to travel around the world as a keynote speaker.
I am also an Adjunct Professor at the University of Wisconsin.
My clients include Disney, Amazon, The Mayo Clinic, Zappos, the Federal Trade Commission (USA), and the European Commission.
I like to write books, including: 100 Things Every Designer Needs To Know About People, How To Get People To Do Stuff, 100 Things Every Presenter Needs To Know About People, and Neuro Web Design: What makes them click? I blog at my own website and I blog for Psychology Today.
My work over the years has included the design of websites, software, medical devices, TV ads, physical devices, experiences, and physical spaces to make them persuasive, usable and motivating.
I live in Wisconsin, USA, with my husband. My two children are grown and "launched". When not teaching, speaking, writing, or blogging, I perform