Learn Unity 3D and Important C# Design Patterns by building a fun Idle Business Game Similar to ADVenture Capitalist!
Created by: Odoo Class Videos
Produced in 2020
What you will learn
- Create an Idle Business Tycoon Game in Unity3D Using C#
- Improve Game Development Skills by Using Important Design Patterns
- Create a Game User Interface in Unity 3D 5.0 UI Tools
- Extend the Tycoon Game with Additional Features such as Managers & Store Upgrades
- Complete 100% Source Code with Tons of Comments
- BONUS: Idle Game Data Generator and Custom Inspector for Advanced Students!
Overall Score : 84 / 100
UPDATED January 1st, 2019
I have just uploaded a new build that is saved in Unity 2018.2.1.f1. This may make it easier for some people who are loading the game into newer version of Unity. You can find it under the Resources in the First Lecture!
Also, I have prepared another lecture that focuses on re-factoring some of our design to better decouple our UI objects. It will be edited and uploaded in the next few days.
In this course you will learn how to create an Idle Business Tycoon Game from the ground up that is similar to games such as ADventure Captialist, Web Tycoon, and Cookie Clicker. But more importantly, this course is designed to teach critical game development concepts and design patterns popularized by the Gang of Four.
You can play AdVenture Capitalist on Kongregate to get an idea of the core game play you will learn to create in this course.
- More than 12 Hours of HD 1080P Instruction!
- Learn Important Unity 5.0 UI Concepts
- Great for Beginning to Intermediate Level Game Programmers (Now includes advanced bonus content)
- Produced by Odoo Class Videos - Experts in Enterprise Development Tutorials
- Starts off with simple C# that even a beginner can understand... end up with a full feature idle game!
- NEW SUPER BONUS - Generate Idle Game Data with custom Unity3d Inspector!!
Course Overview: This course focuses on core Game Design and Programming Principals. We use the tools in Unity 3D to create the Interface and Artwork is all from Creative Commons. Our game design only roughly borrows from many of the idle Business Tycoon type games such as AdVenture Capitalist, Cookie Clicker, and Web Tycoon. By the end of the course you will be able to customize the game as you please and we look forward to you sharing your tycoon creations with us.
What are People Saying about Odoo Class Videos?
First off I want to comment on all of the quality video editions you have recently added to your library. They have been tremendously helpful and I have been recommending your service to many people.
- John P
I find your videos real easy to follow and often revert back to them as a point of reference
- Peter Y.
This course starts at the beginning but ramps up quickly to teach you important Game Design Patterns that you must know to write professional games:
- Learn how to create a Unity3D Project
- The entire project is created step-by-step. Start at the very beginning!
- Perfect for those that are new to Unity and Programming in General
- Start right away using Unity 3D's newest UI tools to create a working tycoon store
- Write your first C# script and learn the basics of variables, IF statements, creating a Timer, and other simple programming concepts
- Create an Animated Progress Bar to Show your Store in Operation
- Video exercises along the way help reinforce what you are learning
- Upgrade the Game Design to Handle Multiple Stores
- Create a Game Manager to Better Track Money in the Game
- Learn to Implement Math Functions to Calculate Your Next Store Cost
- Add an Icon for your Store and Learn to Create Dynamic Buttons
- Learn Important Beginner C# Structures and Basic Unity 3D Game Development
- Designed to take you through important design patterns to improve your development skills
- Improve Your Game Manager with the Singleton Pattern
- Use Delegates and Events to implement the Observer Design Pattern
- Refactor your Tycoon Game into a UI Manager
- Use Unity Prefabs to dynamically create your stores at run time
- Learn to Load Game Data from XML! Critical to allowing gamers to create mods
- Learn to build a State Machine within the UI Manager to handle the various interface states within your growing Tycoon Game
- Create a Managers Panel to extend the basic game design and provide a template for you to continue adding features to your business tycoon game
- Perfect for those who wish to see how to implement real game designs so you can apply them to more advanced systems and future Tycoon games
I'm happy to announce that we have completed a major upgrade for the Tycoon Business Sim course! Take your game development skills to the next level. Download the full source code for the entire project!
This upgrade will include many new features that are found in commercial idle clicker games including:
- New video Lectures covering both functional and technical aspects of the game
- Learn how to save and load game progress
- Calculate idle profits (make money when the game isn't even running!)
- Create a screen to display profits while you were gone
- Learn how to create Scrollviews
- Improved Screen Design and Layout Tips
- Create games with unlimited stores! (memory & cpu limitations apply)
- Use the new multiplier button for buying multiple stores at a time
- Calculate earnings per-second for your operations
- Big number descriptions for up to 300 exponents!
- Handle "Angel" investors or "Transcendence" also known as NewGame+
- New lectures on how to setup and implement your Idle Tycoon Business Simulation
- Generate Idle Game Data to create procedural generated stores, managers, and upgrades
- Load and Save Game Template settings to easily generate new game designs
- No need to hand key store data and upgrades... Adjust parameters to generate the idle game data
- Data stored in human readable XML to be easily modified and tweeked as desired
- Upgraded course video content that reviews the technical upgrades of the project
- Static methods and properties
- Using constants
- Loading game data from XML
- Use PlayerPrefs to save game state
- Loading configuration and store names, managers, and upgrades from CSV
- Build a custom inspector
- Better divisi
Founder Greg Moss has been a business application and game developer for more than 30 years. Unlike the typical boring reference courses that simply walk you through options and commands like reading a dictionary, Greg produces fun courses in which either learn the tools by creating exciting games or you learn by using the tools to solve real world problems.
Greg focuses on development solutions and design patterns that get the job done!
First Class Game Studios
Greg is the founder of First Class Game Studios, fun game studio that led off with a cutting edge highly experimental game project NeuroMage, a game that combines exciting spell-casting duels, gorgeous imagery, and cutting-edge biosensor technology.
Using NeuroSky's Mindwave - a research-grade wireless EEG headset - Greg created a game in which you learn to harness the power of your own mind to build an arsenal of powerful spells and defeat your opponent.
Greg has taken what he has learned through many years of business and game design architecture and put into making fun Udemy courses.
Odoo Class Videos
Odoo Class is recognized as the #1 resource for professional Odoo videos. Hundreds of Odoo Developers, Odoo Partners, and Odoo integrators have subscribed to Odoo Class to further their knowledge of Odoo.
Now we are taking what we have learned in Odoo training and making the best Odoo videos and bringing our best courses to Udemy students.