Learn how to apply User Experience (UX) principles to your website designs, code a variety of sites, and increase sales!
Created by: Joe Natoli
Produced in 2020
What you will learn
- A clear understanding of the principles and benefits of good UX and how to apply it to your website
- A strategy for making sure you know what people need from your website, and what you or your client needs from it in order to succeed
- The confidence to know what information should be included in your website, and how to design it to increase conversions
- The ability to code a variety of websites with HTML, CSS, WordPress, and other tools
Overall Score : 88 / 100
ux design Awards Best Paid Course
- Apply UX strategies to a site's content & design
- Understand Information Architecture to enhance the content on your website
- Know what dictates how your website should look
- Design and code a B2B website, a B2C blog, and an ecommerce site
- New or established business owners who want to gain more from their online presence
- Beginners who want to learn UX, web design and/or development
- Website designers who want to enhance their skills
- Print designers who want to move into web design
Joe Natoli has launched five successful online courses with Udemy on the topics of User Experience (UX) and User Interface (UI) Design, with more than 140,000+ students enrolled to date.
Joe has been preaching and practicing the gospel of User Experience (UX) to Fortune 100, 500 and Government organizations for nearly three decades. That work includes commercial industry leaders like Google Ventures, Kroll/Duff + Phelps, Broadridge, Conde Nast, Johns Hopkins, Mettler-Toledo, PHH Arval, SC Johnson and Wolters Kluwer, as well as government agencies like the National Science Foundation, National Institutes of Health and the Dept. of Homeland Security.
Joe devotes half of his practice to writing, coaching, and speaking. From guiding students at the beginning of their careers to integrating UX into the work of seasoned veteran developers and designers, he is immensely passionate about the inherent power of UX and design.
The remaining half of Joe's practice is dedicated to training Enterprise Design and Development teams, helping them integrate best practices in UX into their product development efforts. In addition, he does a limited number of UX Audit engagements to help organizations identify and overcome UX-related obstacles to product adoption.
Joe has been speaking publicly on the topics of User Experience (UX) and Design across the globe for 24 years, from global conferences like HOW Design L