Add Drone and other live footage to your workflow by using built-in tools from 3ds Max and Adobe After Effects.
Created by: Adam Zollinger
Produced in 2017
What you will learn
- Take drone and other live footage, camera track it accurately, and composite 3D elements into the footage for a convincing visual effect.
- Camera track footage using Adobe After Effects.
- Match 3d models to your tracking information in 3ds Max.
- Composite using After Effects to accurately match lighting, color, etc. of the two footage tracks (rendered 3D and live action).
Overall Score : 92 / 100
Live Chat with CourseDuck's Co-Founder for Help
This course is broken down into three main sections:
- Inside of After Effects -- This is where I will show you how to generate and export 3D camera tracking data for later use in 3DS Max.
- Inside 3DS Max -- From AE, we will get a camera the exactly matches the zoom angle and movement of our live video footage, but in Max we will have to adjust its scale and rotation in order to get it to match with the real world. Once we have that, we can add any 3D elements we want to the footage.
- Bring It All Back Together In After Effects -- This is where we will do some compositing. The goal is to make the 3D animation elements and the live footage mesh together seamlessly and convincingly.
Join the course today for lifetime access!
Check out my other Arch Viz / 3D courses as well (More about those at the end of this course). I have learning opportunities for all levels, and courses that cover various different aspects of the industry.
*This course uses the latest and greatest in the two main software packages that are discussed.
**Frequent updates and additional lectures
***Lifetime access to all content and future contentWho this course is for:
- Architectural visualization artists who want to start integrating aerial drone fly-overs into their workflow.
- Any 3d artist who wants to learn how to composite 3d models with live action footage.
- Architects who want to make better presentations for their projects.
- Architecture students who want to learn professional, advanced techniques for presenting their designs.
- Those who are interested in learning some of the basics of VFX and compositing.
Digital Artist - 3ds Max & Photoshop
Adam has been working as a professional (and award winning) 3d artist for over 10 years, but his expertise does not stop there. He has also authored / illustrated a children's book, and created graphics for numerous mobile games. He has expert knowledge in the following programs:
Unreal Engine 4
Various other software programs and plugins
Most importantly, he has dedicated himself to lifelong learning, and he loves to teach others as well.
From the artist:
"I mostly work in the Architectural Visualization industry. This a career which I almost entirely taught myself, and have perfected over several years. In order to save you the trouble of learning the hard way, like I did, I wan't to offer my expertise to you."
Join one of Adam's courses today to benefit from his years of experience creating high-end, professional graphics.
*Follow the social links to connect with Adam on the internet. Keep up to date with the latest course discounts, and free resources available from Adam.