Learn everything you need to know about the tool that every Designer has to master!
Created by: Martin Perhiniak
Produced in 2013
What you will learn
- Mastering the Pen Tool
- Become familiar with the most important tool in Vector drawing
- Learn to work with Paths
- Gain an invaluable skill that can be used in Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Be faster and more efficient working on design projects
Overall Score : 90 / 100
Live Chat with CourseDuck's Co-Founder for Help
Most of the tools of Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign are easy to learn and understand, but there is one major exception: the Pen tool. It is a very versatile vector drawing tool present in all three applications and can save you a lot of time and effort in many ways if you learn to use it properly. It can be used for drawing shapes and illustrations, creating custom frames for your layouts, making selections of your images, designing custom paths for your type, drawing artistic effects and so much more.
In this course we will learn everything you need to know about the Pen tool. You can master it following many exercises and in less than 2 hours you can become a real Pen tool pro in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
The course includes:
- 17 instructional video tutorials
- Quizzes about the techniques learnt in each section
- Exercise files used in the course to help follow along and practice
- Essential Skills for Designers & Career Guide PDF
- Design Terminology PDF
- Useful Keyboard Shortcuts PDF
- Collection of Useful websites for Designers PDF
- Certificate of completion
This course will take only 2 hours to complete, but it will take some time to put all the techniques into practice.
How the course is structured?
The course is structured into 17 videos, each explaining a technique for working with the Pen tool. It is recommended to watch the videos in order of the outline but you can also choose to watch them individually. After each section you can take Quizzes to revise the crucial techniques and definitions learnt on the way.
Why take this course?
Easy. If you want to get a job as a designer either being employed or freelancing, you have to know how to work with the Pen Tool This course will make you very confident about this essential skill for designers. This course is for you if you are planning to take your design skills to the next level and want to become a Pro in no time.Who this course is for:
- Beginner to Professional Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign users
- Freelance Designers
- Design Interns
- Design Students
- Creative Professionals
- Anyone preparing for the InDesign Adobe Certified Expert exam
Martin is a graphic designer and an Adobe Certified Instructor. He was a presenter at Adobe MAX the ultimate creative in 2018 and was recently voted one of the top 10 Adobe instructors in the world. Over 100,000 students are studying from his online courses from over 200 countries.
As a designer and illustrator he worked for companies like Pixar, BBC, Mattel and as an instructor taught teams at Google, Ben&Jerry's, House of Lords and Oxford University Press.