The Complete Guide to Adobe InDesign Creative Cloud: Design a Poster, Lookbook, Annual Report, and More!
Created by: Chad Neuman
Produced in 2022
What you will learn
- You will benefit from over 13 hours of helpful video lessons, informative handouts and lifetime access to current and any future projects.
- You will master Adobe InDesign, the industry-standard graphic design and publication software.
- You will professionally design and produce a lookbook in Adobe InDesign.
- You will professionally design and produce a poster in Adobe InDesign.
- You will professionally design and produce an annual report in Adobe InDesign.
- You will effectively place and edit text, images, and illustrations in Adobe InDesign.
- You will formulate and apply color schemes by using a variety of methods.
- You will learn how to use spot colors, process colors, and the context for both.
- You will design, format, edit, and copy tables in Adobe InDesign.
- You will use Photoshop and InDesign together seamlessly, to adjust layer comps, layer visibility, and other settings of placed PSD files in InDesign. <
Overall Score : 94 / 100
Live Chat with CourseDuck's Co-Founder for Help
Instead of listing the tools and techniques in a list and going through them devoid of a context or project, I cover all the tools and techniques comprehensively, but in the context of projects. So, you will learn by designing a poster for a local business, a lookbook for a ski resort, and an annual report for a camera company.
By the time you have completed this course, you will have mastered InDesign! And you will have projects to add to your portfolio.
Besides the essentials and fundamentals of InDesign, such as placing and editing images, threading and formatting text, and using master pages, you will also learn more advanced topics, including advanced color and the preflighting/printing process.
In fact, this course contains a complete guide to tables in InDesign as well as the complete guide to color in InDesign. You will also learn how to use both Photoshop and Illustrator with InDesign, in their own special sections. Adobe has made these programs so compatible, they work seamlessly together.
I'm Chad, and I'm a graphic designer and full-time university professor. I've worked as internet development director at an award-winning advertising design firm, webmaster and advertising designer at a regional newspaper, and managing editor of two graphic design magazines. Whether it was laying out a newsletter for a client while working at an ad design firm, or laying out advertisements and using CMYK plates at a newspaper, having this professional experience has enabled me to relate these InDesign video lessons to real-world applications.
For example, when we go over everything about adding and applying swatches, you learn when we would use spot colors vs. process colors, and I show example brand books and how they communicate their Pantone, CMYK, RGB, and Hex colors for graphic designers, and of course, how to apply those in InDesign.
I have also taught InDesign for the past decade as a university professor, teaching classes like Digital Layout and Design as well as Magazine Design and Production. My students have become page designers, creative specialists, and creative directors at newspapers, magazines, and media companies after graduating. Teaching InDesign in-person has enabled me to figure out what teaching methods and exercises are most effective and what areas students have the most questions about.
I love seeing what students come up with after mastering the technical side and using creativity and problem solving to produce amazing designs. Students in my Udemy courses have produced their own books after taking my InDesign courses. I look forward to seeing the work you design and produce in this course! Let me know if you have any questions by posting in the Q&A, or post your linked publications there for feedback.Who this course is for:
- This course is for students new to Adobe InDesign or experienced users who want to learn more in order to design real world projects. No previous InDesign or graphic design experience required.
I love seeing students succeed in their designs, photos, productions, and careers.
Do you want to learn become a better designer or communicator? Do you want to learn industry-standard editing and effects in Photoshop? Do you want to create logos for your brand or for clients? Do you want to learn new skills that are in demand in the new digital economy?
I'm passionate about communication, writing, and design education, and I'm currently a full-time professor of graphic design and digital journalism at Southeastern University. I've taught classes on design, photography, and writing for the past ten years. My university students have become full-time, award-winning photographers, web designers, creative specialists, reporters, and layout designers. And now, you can learn from me as well!
Get started by enrolling in my courses, learning new skills and knowledge, and asking me questions in the discussion boards.
About the instructor:
By combining my professional in-the-field experience (both full-time and freelance), formal education, and experience teaching these topics, I've been able to produce top-notch courses that maximize learning and enable students to become better graphic designers, logo designers, photo editors, and writers.
Real World, Professional Experience:
I've worked as Webmaster and Advertising Designer at a regional newspaper (The