Learn advanced application of Google Tag Manager (GTM) beyond basic Google Analytics tracking
Created by: Anil Batra
Produced in 2021
What you will learn
- Advanced uses of Google Tag Manager.
- Track user interaction with Vimeo Videos on your site.
- How to use Data Layers.
- How to use custom events.
- Track Vimeo Video interactions in Google Analytics.
- Detect Ad Blockers and show a message to users who block the ads.
- Send values to Custom Dimensions in Google Analytics using Ad Blocker as an example.
- Track and Create Universal User-Id view in Google Analytics
- Integrate CRM Data with Google Analytics Data
Overall Score : 94 / 100
Live Chat with CourseDuck's Co-Founder for Help
- Understanding & using Data Layers
- Understanding and using Custom HTML tags in Google Tag Manager
- Using data layers to push dynamic values and trigger Google Tag Manager
- Track Vimeo Video interactions.
- Trigger message to users using Ad Blockers - really useful for ad supported sites.
- Pass values to Google Analytics Custom Dimensions using Google Tag Manager
- Track Ad Blockers in Google Analytics
- Track Universal Analytics User ID using true user id from your back end e.g CRM, database etc. and learn how to create special User-Id view in Google Analytics
- Integrate CRM database with Google Analytics for segmentation and Adwords Remarketing list.
- Write and read first party cookie using Google Tag Manager
- Getting Query Parameters from URL to use them in Tags or Triggers
- Many more will be added.
Why should you learn from me:
Why you should learn from me?
I have been in Digital Marketing and Analytics for over 15 years. I have trained people from diverse backgrounds and have converted them into high performing Digital Marketers and Analysts. I understand both the technology and marketing side of business. I have dealt with many analytics technologies way before Google Tag manager existed and know the inner working of Digital Analytics.
In addition, I have developed various course and taught students from all over the world. I am online instructor for University of British Columbia (Canada), University of Washington (USA), Bellevue College (USA) and Digital Analytics Association.
I have an engineering degrees and an MBA.
Who this course is for:
- Anybody who wants to take Google Tag Manager skills to next level
Anil is a seasoned Digital Marketing and Analytics professional with 15 years of experience. He has worked with companies ranging from Fortune 50 to startups and has helped them improve marketing results. His customers include Microsoft, SmartMoney, ESPN, T-Mobile, Hoovers, RealNetworks, Starbucks, and TheStreet. He holds a B. Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering from India and an MBA from University of Washington, Seattle.
Anil has taught and trained several Marketing and Analytics folks in past nine years of teaching at UBC, University of Washington and Bellevue College, and speaking engagements at various conferences as well as his blog. He teaches Digital Marketing, Digital Analytics, Google Analytics, Tableau and Social Media courses. He also served on the Board of Digital Analytics Association (DAA) and was instrumental in starting the DAA Symposiums.
Anil is the founder of Global Analytics Academy and Optizent, a Digital Marketing and Analytics consulting company.