This Adobe InDesign tutorial is people wanting to up-skill their typography, color theory & graphic design abilities.
Created by: Daniel Walter Scott
Produced in 2021
What you will learn
- You will be able to earn more using these new InDesign skills.
- You will create multiple designs for you to use in your Portfolio.
- You will be able to add 'Advanced InDesign User' to your CV.
- Create PDF Forms
- Master Long Documents
- Advanced Fonts
- 70 lectures 5+ hours of well structured content
- Create Charts & Infographics
- Create Interactive Documents
- Workflow Tactics
- Shortcuts & Speed Tips
- Advanced Creative Cloud Features
- Tips for working with Photoshop & Illustrator
- Exporting, Prepress & Printing tricks
- How to use InDesign scripts
- Downloadable exercise files & cheat sheet
- Forum support from me and the rest of the BYOL crew
- Techniques used by professional graphic designers
- A wealth of other resources and websites to help your accelerate your career
- You will practise font grouping & font pairing.
Overall Score : 96 / 100
Live Chat with CourseDuck's Co-Founder for Help
- Gyna: "I truly enjoyed learning with Daniel. I have taken other courses to help me with InDesign, however, none that gave me the edge Daniel has. Many extras that other instructors have neglected to share, or didn't think important to teach. His good humor and in-depth knowledge make this course above and beyond the rest of the Advanced courses I have taken. Kudos and thank you, Daniel! I look forward to watching more of your instructional videos."
This course is not for people brand new to InDesign. It's for people who already know and understand the fundamentals.
If you are already happy adding text & images to InDesign documents then this course is for you. Even if you consider yourself a heavy user, I promise there will be things in here that will blow your InDesign mind.
- Mazen: "This is my third Udemy class that I've completed of Dan's and I've learned so much. Everything that I've taken has been world-class and he truly puts a lot of effort into making his classes seamless and easy to understand. I highly recommend taking the plunge and taking one of his classes."
What would an advanced InDesign course be without all the tactics to fully control paragraphs, auto expanding boxes, spanning & splitting columns. You'll become a Styles master, using nested styles, grep styles, next styles & advanced object styles.
We'll make beautiful charts & graphs for your InDesign documents. You'll learn the pros & cons of various digital distribution methods including Interactive PDF's, EPUBs & the amazing Publish Online.
- Ari: "Daniel is a super talented and knowledgeable teacher. He is friendly and charismatic and teaches the course in a simple, engaging and easy to follow structure while teaching all the capabilities of the software from beginner to advanced techniques, tips and tricks. I seriously recommend Daniel to anyone wanting to learn any of the adobe courses. I have several and they are all brilliant! Thanks Daniel."
We look at interactive forms & scripts. There is just so much we cover and I want to share everything here in the intro but I can't. Have a look through the video list, there is an amazing amount we cover here in the course.
If you're one of those people using InDesign and you know there is probably a better way, a faster way to work then this is your graphic design course.
- Daniel Walter ScottWho this course is for:
- This course is for people who already know InDesign and want to take their skills and speed to the maximum level.
- This is an advanced InDesign course, so you'll need basic InDesign skills to find this course useful.
- This course is perfect for anyone that already knows how to insert images & add text.
- This course is perfect for anyone that has completed my InDesign Essentials course.
Sharing is who I am, and teaching is where I am at my best, because I've been on both sides of that equation, and getting to deliver useful training is my meaningful way to be a part of the creative community.
I've spent a long time watching others learn, and teach, to refine how I work with you to be efficient, useful and, most importantly, memorable. I want you to carry what I've shown you into a bright future.
I have a wife (a lovely Irish girl) and kids. I have lived and worked in many places (as Kiwis tend to do) but most of my 14+ years of creating and teaching has had one overriding theme: bringing others along for the ride as we all try to change the world with our stories, our labours of love and our art.
I'm a certified Adobe instructor (ACI) in Ireland. I'm also an Adobe Certified Expert (ACE) and have completed the Adobe Certified Associate training (ACA). And I don't just do Adobe. Remember, media is a very broad term digital blew out the borders, so we are all constantly learning.
I've been teaching for 14+ years. I come from being a media designer and content creator so I understand exactly where you're at now. I've been there. I love this stuff. Print, digital publishing, web and video. I can see how it all connects. And I can see how we can share those connections.
I built Bring Your Own Laptop in Ireland, New Zealand, Australia & online. I have a great team working with me to keep BYOL at the top of Adobe and digital media training. I u