5 Best + Free Typography Courses & Certificates 
- 1. Introduction to Typography [Coursera]
- 2. Typography & Design [YouTube]
- 3. Typographic Logos: Typography and Lettering for Logo Design [Udemy]
- 4. Textual Elements of Design: Fonts, Typography, and Spacing [Coursera]
- 5. Typography for Designers & Developers - Don't suck at design [Udemy]
As featured on Harvard EDU, Stackify and Inc - CourseDuck identifies and rates the Best Typography Courses, Tutorials, Providers and Certifications, based on 12,000+ student reviews, public mentions, recommendations, ratings and polling 5,000+ highly active StackOverFlow members. Learn more
- Udemy and Eduonix are best for practical, low cost and high quality Typography courses.
- Coursera, Udacity and EdX are the best providers for a Typography certificate, as many come from top Ivy League Universities.
- YouTube is best for free Typography crash courses.
- PluralSight, SkillShare and LinkedIn are the best monthly subscription platforms if you want to take multiple Typography courses.
- Independent Providers for Typography courses & certificates are generally hit or miss.
21% of jobs $41,500 - $50,499
0% of jobs $50,500 - $59,499
0% of jobs $59,500 - $68,499
0% of jobs $68,500 - $77,499
0% of jobs $77,500 - $86,499
0% of jobs The average salary is $94,539 a year
$86,500 - $95,499
0% of jobs $98,500 is the 25th percentile. Salaries below this are outliers.
$95,500 - $104,499
28% of jobs $110,000 is the 75th percentile. Salaries above this are outliers.
$104,500 - $113,499
34% of jobs $113,500 - $122,499
2% of jobs $122,500 - $131,500
12% of jobs
Introduction to Typography
Overall Score : 98 / 100
Typography & Design (2016)
How can you quickly apply typographic rules to regain control of your layouts by following these 10 golden rules of typography? These rules are distilled down from the things that I learned by going to Art Center College of Design.
Generally speaking, there are two types of typography expressive typography (type is visual, carries the meaning of the word and sometimes appears as physical shapes) and functional typography (type that is meant to be read). I will focus on the latter.
When starting out, it is best to learn the fundamentals of good design: hierarchy (primary, secondary and tierchiary reads), flow (how a person reads the layout by following the movement of their attention), legibility (in Western culture, type is read top to bottom, left to right so its important to arrange type accordingly), grouping (organizing blocks of type in intelligent and logical groups) and interest, achieved through contrast (scale, texture, color, density, negative space).
Use any typeface you like as long as its one of the following: Akzidenz Grotesque, Avenir, Avant Garde, Bell Gothic, Bodoni, Bembo, Caslon, Clarendon, Courier, Din Mittelschrift, Franklin Gothic, Frutiger, Futura, Garamond, Gill Sans, Gotham, Helvetica, Letter Gothic, Memphis, Meta, OCRB, Rockwell, Sabon, Trade Gothic, Trajan and Univers.
Overall Score : 99 / 100
Typographic Logos: Typography and Lettering for Logo Design (2016)
What You'll Learn
- You will be able to come up with an idea, create thumbnail sketches, and refine your design into a finished type-based logo.
- You will be able to download the working files that were created in the video so you can see them up close.
Textual Elements of Design: Fonts, Typography, and Spacing
Overall Score : 99 / 100
Typography for Designers & Developers - Don't suck at design (2021)
What You'll Learn
- Create elegant web & Mobile app design by selecting and pairing meaningful fonts
- How to use white space effectively by using Vertical Rhythm and Modular Grid
- Dramatically improve your boring designs with Modular Grid & Baseline Grid
- Learn about Typography Classes and Anatomy
- Learn about how to use line-height and letter spacing effectively
- Learn about IOS App Typography and understand different IPhone Screen siz
- Learn Google Android Typography, its scale and its SP unit of type
- How to connect your Photoshop Screen to IPhone or Android Device
- How to balance your design using LEGO Blocks method
- Step by Step coding exercises to apply Baseline Grid for Developers
- How to show baseline grid in HTML page with just one line of code for Developers
- How to use padding, margins and other elements to create Vertical Rhythm in CSS for Developers
- How to use Vertical Rhythm in Bootstrap fo