Create a PHP login system including user sign-up, login, "remember me", password reset and user administration.
Created by: Dave Hollingworth
Produced in 2016
What you will learn
- Create a website where users can sign-up for a new account
- Let users login and logout, providing them with personalised content
- Give users the option to remember their login, even after closing the browser
- Let users securely reset their own password if they forget it
- Require users to confirm their email address before they can login
- Administer registered users with a user administration backend
Overall Score : 92 / 100
Live Chat with CourseDuck's Co-Founder for Help
This course will teach you how to add the following features to your PHP website or web application:
- User sign-up, including account activation by email
- Login and logout
- Protecting content for logged-in users only
- "Remember me" functionality: remember the login even after closing the browser
- Secure password reset: let the users reset their own passwords when they forget them
- User administration: create, view, edit and delete users.
Taught by experienced web application developer and online educator Dave Hollingworth, this course takes you in easy steps through the entire process of creating a website that includes user authentication. This course will take you step by step through the project until all the principles have been covered.
All the source code is included with the lectures, with clear comments in the code and all the guidance you need to create your own user authentication system.
This popular course has been completely rewritten and re-published in April 2015, replacing every lecture and adding over 20 brand new ones, with improved, more secure source code, and an entirely new user administration area.Who this course is for:
- This programming course is meant for people who are developing a website that need to have users sign-up and login so they can be provided with personalised, private content. All aspects of a creating a user login system are covered, from basic to advanced.
Hi, I'm Dave Hollingworth. I'm an IT trainer and web application developer. I've been programming for over thirty years, and teaching IT since 1999.
I've developed enterprise-level applications on platforms ranging from mainframes to mobiles: from my first web application, a quotes system created for a major insurance company back in 1999 - the first of its type in the sector - to interactive learning management systems for online language learning.
I've taught courses ranging from basic use of email to advanced web application development, both online and in-person. I've been teaching on Udemy since 2012.
I'm passionate about technology, and love teaching it! I believe it's possible to explain even the most complex subjects in a simple, straightforward way that doesn't confuse the student.
I look forward to welcoming you onto one of my courses!