498 Best + Free Python Courses & Certification [UPDATED]
As featured on Harvard EDU, Stackify and Inc - CourseDuck identifies and rates the Best Python Courses, Tutorials, Providers and Certifications, based on 12,000+ student reviews, public mentions, recommendations, ratings and polling 5,000+ highly active StackOverFlow members. Learn more
- 1. Python for Everybody Specialization [Coursera] - Best Overall Course
- 2. Python Tutorial for Beginners by Corey Schafer [YouTube] - Best YouTube Tutorial
- 3. Google's Python Class [Google] - Best Short Course
- 4. Introduction to Computer Science and Programming Using Python [edX]
- 5. An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python [Coursera]
- 6. Python and Django Full Stack Web Developer Bootcamp [Udemy]
- 7. Learning to program with Python 3 [YouTube]
- 8. Introduction to Python Programming [Udacity]
- 9. Learn Python - Full Course for Beginners [YouTube]
- 10. Python Programmer [DataCamp]
2020 Complete Python Bootcamp: From Zero to Hero in Python (2020)
Python for Everybody Specialization (2014)
- Developed by the University of Michigan.
- No prerequisites necessary and minimal math is used in the course, making it very beginner friendly.
- Lectures are designed in extremely consumable format that makes it easy for new programmers to progress.
- Course is extremely beginner friendly and does not delve into more complicated or challenging ideas and problems.
- Assignments border on being too easy to properly develop the skills being taught.
- Students with computer science experience are likely to be bored if not underwhelmed.
Python Tutorial for Beginners by Corey Schafer (2017)
- It's on YouTube. That means it's free, and you can go through any segment as often as you like.
- Taught by Corey Schafer, a well-respected coding educator.
- Includes comprehensive tutorial for setting up Python on Mac and Windows.
- Takes first timers through a surprisingly comprehensive process of mastering the fundamentals of Python.
- It's on YouTube, so interaction with the instructor or peers is limited.
- Average video length is over 20 minutes. It can be a little more difficult to plan lessons around a busy schedule.
- Because the course caters to Mac and Windows, it splits focus and reduces the total amount of relevant content for any one student.
Google's Python Class (2010)
- One of the top-ranked classes among Reddit's r/learnpython community.
- Finds a rare balance between theoretical and practical lessons in programming.
- Designed for beginners. Even if this is your first attempt at using Python you can succeed.
- Not an introduction to computer science in general. Newcomers to Python will be fine, but newcomers to coding in general may struggle.
- Course was developed around Python 2.
- Course is essentially a release of internal Google training documents. Some of the content is dated.
Introduction to Computer Science and Programming Using Python (2013)
- Designed to be a first-ever experience with computer science. This is the ultimate beginner-friendly course.
- Designed by MIT.
- Large pool of exercises and supplemental resources to expand the concepts taught in the course.
- Community resources encourage students to help each other.
- Course is best followed by purchasing the supplemental textbook, raising the overall cost.
- Focuses more on data science than most introductory Python courses.
- This 8-week course might really take 8 weeks to complete.
An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (2013)
- Two-part split makes it much easier for beginners to break into Python programming.
- A total of 30 hours of course material creates a comprehensive learning experience.
- By focusing on building a game from the ground up, application of the course feels more intuitive and enjoyable than more theoretical teaching methods.
- Course focuses on peer grading, which can be inconsistent.
- Part 1 focuses more on programming in general than the deeper aspects of using Python specifically.
- Project-focused learning will not suit students who excel in theoretical environments.